By an overwhelming majority of votes, my Facebook peeps suggested this article be about connecting with guardian angels (spirit guides). Communicating with your spiritual army of helpers is kind of like parenting. What works for some people won’t work for others. And some techniques that others have found ineffective might work tremendously well for you. It’s very individualized and sometimes it’s just a matter of trial and error – figuring out which methods make you feel more connected with your spiritual helpers. So here it is – my two cents on communicating with spirit guides; a top ten list of things to keep in mind. For those wanting more in depth information, be sure to order my book via Amazon or my website. It’s called Not Your Average Angel Book. Here we go!
- Don’t panic if you can’t feel the presence of your guardian angels. The star student in the classroom might get less attention from the teacher because the teacher is busy helping those that are really struggling. Similarly, if your guardian angels aren’t constantly meddling in your life, it might be because you’re doing a good job all by yourself. Plus, they’re sneaky as a ninja at midnight, which means even when they do come around you in spirit, you might not sense their presence.
- Don’t expect your guardian angels to solve your life’s problems or tell you what to do. They’re here to guide you, not to live your life for you. Similar to your second grade teacher, they might offer you hints, but they won’t give you the answers to the test. Never underestimate your free will. You’re truly in the driver’s seat. They’re just in the back, along for the ride.
- Talk to them often. They’re your biggest cheerleaders and often share in your pain, joy, laughter, and excitement. Just because you can’t always hear back from them doesn’t mean they aren’t listening when you speak.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Even if you’re incredibly independent, we all need assistance sometimes, and it never hurts to drop a request in their inbox. There are some matters in which spirit guides can’t (or won’t) intervene, but they never get annoyed with us when we request backup.
- Be patient! As they say, most prayers are answered, but they’re not always delivered on our time frame. We’ve become accustomed to instant gratification, but the best blessings usually take time to make their way into our lives.
- Say a quiet prayer and let your guardian angels know which form of communication you prefer with them. Would you like visual signs like cardinals or seeing 11:11 on the clock? Would you like them to appear in your dreams? Would you like them to speak to you through your subconscious, the inner thoughts that float through your head? Be sure to establish an agreed-upon mode of communication so that messages aren’t lost between you and your guardian angels.
- Be sure to thank them when you’ve received a wink from the Universe or a little sign from above. Gratitude attracts more abundance.
- It can sometimes be hard to tell if a sign, message, or spiritual help was delivered from a spirit guide, a loved ones in Heaven, an angel, or God him/herself. Since there’s often no way to prove where the help came from, just be sure to thank them all and cover all your bases. And please don’t lose sleep wondering where the information or assistance came from. The bottom line is that it’s coming from a good place, and that’s all that matters.
- Despite what you may think, you’re guardian angels will never, ever, EVER give up on you! They’ve seen you at your best, and they’ve seen you at your worst. They’re never judging you, and always have your best interest in mind. They give you enough freedom and free will to make mistakes in your life, and they grant you enough strength and perspective to learn from those experiences. They’ve been with you since the day you were born and will be with you until your very last day on this Earth (and then you’ll get a new group of guardian angels in your next lifetime).
- Keep in mind that sometimes guardian angels work through us to help other people. We’re often pawns in this chess match of life, and on any given day you can as an angel for a fellow brother or sister of humanity. You might not realize that you’re being guided by a guardian angel, but keep listening to your intuition and you’re bound to be at the right place and time to help another in need.
If you’d like to schedule a psychic reading with me to identify and discuss your guardian angels, simply call my office at 402-933-5652. I have phone sessions available for those outside the Omaha area.